L'Oreal advert banned in UK

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shane Pope
Senior MemberPosts: 1,186Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally...
In reply to GlobalGuyUSA, Feb 8, 2012

This is not what I had in mind. Art is Art!!! Ad's are not Art and yes I think we all know some are misleading. I am sure if your camera did not perform as per the Ad's ....well we know the threads that get created on that issue.

Several years ago one of my son's spent 6 months in hospital with anorexia yes he was the only boy in the ward most of the time. During that time in the Adolescent Eating disorders ward I witnessed all the girls in the ward with nose tubes being feed Chocolate milk supplements I guess this has tainted me somewhat to how gross Advertisement is at times to a developing teen.

There is nothing wrong with advertising a product you have to sell nothing at all.

I posted this here for a couple of reasons firstly we have long discussed on these boards higher and higher resolution and my curiosity was alerted to the lowering of the high resolution files etc.and then of cause there was the over manipulation of the image that i thought some may find interesting.

In Australia now fast food Advertising is banned during Childrens prime time TV hours we all know there are links to bad outcomes with some advertising and now certain Governments are making a few changes

GlobalGuyUSA wrote:

Outlaw makeup on anyone then!

Outlawing ART is a very round-about way to get what you want.

Shane Pope's gear list:Shane Pope's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow