Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve
Regular MemberPosts: 321
Like?
Why Nikon? Why???
Feb 8, 2012

I had been waiting for the release of the D800, the replacement for my D700. I was really looking forward to a camera that would be much improved for high ISO, which was already impressive and potentially faster shooting, it was already a sports car for shooting and perhaps dual card slots which would be great and although not a must by any means I was assuming it would have video.

Along comes the announcement... they didn't replace the D700 but instead made a small "medium" format camera with slow FPS rate, and major overkill on the sensor size. To be honest I ready 36MP and pretty much stopped reading... there is maybe 1% of the photographers out there ... MAYBE that would actually benefit from 36MP... I love the D700 and make 30"-36" prints from it on a very regular basis and there is nothing that I see would be improved by 36MP. The only thing is more CF cards would be needed, more hard drive space used and faster computers needed to work with larger files.

Can someone please tell me who other then a select few landscape professionals and commercial photographers will actually use or "need" this kind of sensor?
--
Steve Hiebert
http://www.personalexpressions.ca

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow