Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MonteCarlo67
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Went from 60D to 7D today
Feb 8, 2012

I purchased a 60D almost a year ago. At the time I really wanted a 7D. However, the fact that the 7D cost more combined with all the horror stories I kept reading regarding the 7D's auto focus pushed me into the 60D. I have to admit I really liked the 60D. It was better built than I expected and worked perfectly for my needs. Yet I still wanted the 7D. Primarily for the slightly larger size (I have big paws:-)), the weather sealing and the faster frame rate. So, with the recent drop in 7D prices I decided to sell the 60D and grab a 7D. I can't help but comment on how much faster and more accurate the AF is! All I have tested the camera with so far is my 18-135mm lens. Granted, not a bad lens but not one of Canons finest. I have been hard pressed to take a single photo that hasn't been perfectly focused. I have tested it in all kinds of light and using all of the various focusing modes. I am glad to say that all the fears the web forums had put in my head regarding the 7D focus system have been put to rest! My only gripe with the 7D: The noise the camera makes when you pop up the built in flash. Noisy little sucker! Anyways, just wanted to post this for others who may be contemplating an upgrade to the 7D. Don't let the focus system scare you away!

MonteCarlo67's gear list:MonteCarlo67's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 +1 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow