I'm interested in higher ISO capabilities...

Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BooRadley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,204
Like?
I'm interested in higher ISO capabilities...
Feb 8, 2012

I realize everyone is freaking out about the new Nikon "DeathStar" D800, but I'm not all that concerned about amassing a huge stockpile of extra pixels in my work. I have the 5d and the 1DMkII and can understand that the added size of 5DII files would be beneficial, but see no need to go to 36 or more megapixels.

That being said, I would really like to be able to shoot more confidently in lower light situations. I shoot a lot in the photojournalism discipline and theater work as well as a fair amount of studio work. My problem is I'm always devising ways of saving shots that are nearly lost in the abyss of darkness...where flash dare not tread.

So while you're wishing for bigger file sizes, I'm hoping for some great high ISO capabilities. I wanna get usable images in the 12800...25600 range and beyond.

Sigh...the D800 may be a nightmare and sourse of cognative dissonance for some...but I'm crossing my fingers from some big ISO capabilities out of those engineers at Canon.

Your humble servant,
BooRadley

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow