Started Feb 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lowlander7
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Nikon V1 or J1
Feb 7, 2012

I am looking to buy a 1 system camera to use as a high quality compact replacement for my ageing Canon G9.

I use a D700 and 300S for serious stuff but would use the 1 for family pics/video and general carry around. Having tried out the V1, I am sold on the qualoty and have always thought an evf would be preferable to viewing on an lcd, mainly for extra stability.

My dilema is that the best price for the V1 in the UK is £605 (after £50 rebate). Add a flash and the total is £725. I can get a J1 for less than half that (£355) with built in flash. The evf effectively costs £370!

I know that there are other differences eg. build quality, but for a compact casual camera they're not too significant for me.

Can anyone with experience of the J1 tell me what it's like viewing the lcd in bright sunlight and how they made their decision on which to get.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
--
lowlander7

Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow