Skipping this round folks - why I won't be buying an 800!

Started Feb 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Senior MemberPosts: 1,909
Like?
Skipping this round folks - why I won't be buying an 800!
Feb 7, 2012

D800. Exciting? Yeah, new tech always is. Needed? Definately for those that print large, over 18 by 12, of course - awesome.

Someone that doesn't ever print or prints up to this size? Needed? Hm, I don't think so - unless you like the crop the crap outta your badly framed images? That's the conclusion I've came to, max size I do is 18 by 12 and I don't stand 1 inch from the print counting the pixels - i'm sure you'll see a "little more" if you do but is it worth it for me, not right now. I can see the use of the 36mp. It's fun to get caught up in the excitement (and I have enjoyed this) but I've had the 700 over a year now and I'm not ready to give it up for a few more years. I'd like video but I have several things that shoot snapshot video - which is lets face it all most of us will use the video for so I can live without that til the next round.

I think I'll check in for the D900 and gracefully step aside for this one. I will watch with interest over the next year how it goes with the 800 though. Logic must over rule heart (at least most of the time). The D900 is going to feel super impressive to someone skipping out this round.

Now lets see if we get a 135mm f/2 AF-S and my wallet will come out. Or a 24mm f/2 (affordable and a performer) - I'll be on either of these two and I really see them coming this year with some luck. But for now, enjoy guys, and I really mean it.

D900? 100MP with ISO 50-12800?

Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow