Started Feb 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DonovanDwyer
Regular MemberPosts: 378Gear list
Like?
E-M5 + 12/25/45mm = DSLR killer
Feb 7, 2012

So like everyone else I've been pouring over every thread and image leak about the first OM-D camera, and tomorrow we should know all the specs, price etc... but to me this body combined with the current holy trinity of primes (Oly 12/2.0, 45/1.8, and the Lumix 25/1.4) is really going to make the big plastic DSLR obsolete. They still have the sensor advantage in terms of DR and ISO, but in the real world the differences are becoming so small that only professionals will really need larger format cameras. I'm personally moving towards this setup, with the exception of the 14/2.5 substituting for the Oly 12 because of the massive price difference currently. I can fit this core setup and EIGHT other MF lenses/adapters/filters into a small Kata bag, with a shotgun CF tripod! Unheard of in the DSLR world...

DonovanDwyer's gear list:DonovanDwyer's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow