Naive reactions on the D4 (long rant)

Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mebyon K
Contributing MemberPosts: 601
Like?
Re: Internal GPS ...
In reply to KnightPhoto2, Feb 6, 2012

KnightPhoto2 wrote:

People seem to REALLLLY be stretching to find fault here and I don't see the point. No camera is an ideal camera but it's my job to figure out if a camera offers me any photographic options and then do my best to press it into service for these situations. Guess we're about to go through the same wave of vitriol with the D800 UGH!

Steve,

The same thing happened when the D700 was introduced. Due to an unfortunate, followed by a fortunate, series of events I was able to buy a D700 within three months of its introduction.

When I bought it I read all the posts on here from the time of its introduction, and by now actually owning the camera, I rapidly realised that the majority of the more critical posters fell into two camps; those who actually owned another system of whatever brand and were covertly rubbishing it, and those who wanted one, but couldn't afford it and instead of making the most of what they had, as we all have to do and I would have done had I been in that position, expressed their frustration by attempting to make the purchasers of it feel that they had wasted their money.

On the introduction of the D800 just read the posts carefully and you will rapidly see which are genuine and which are the above. The phrases "Epic fail" and "What were Nikon thinking?" are a strong hint to stop reading any further.
--
Mebyon K

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow