Started Feb 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
barreto_co
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
D800 tomorrow or A99 in 2013?
Feb 6, 2012

With the imminent release of the Nikon D800 (and the Canon 5D MkIII), studio/landscape photographers who have to upgrade their FF camera, face a dilemma, move back to Nikon with 36mp D800 clean HDMI out or wait for the Sony equivalent A99 due in 2013?

A camera manufacturer should have a FF flagship product available at all times, and only discontinued it when a replacement is imminent? If the replacement is the A99 and it is only due in 2013, it means that Sony for almost two years will have no FF flagship camera available. How is Sony suppose to break the Canikon duopoly with such policy? I know that cameras that a long time to develop and that floods and earthquakes are disasters that cause many deaths and financial restraints.

Tomorrow, Feb 7, 2012, I may have to decide. Stick with Sony and wait, wait, wait, while my clients go somewhere else. Or move back to Nikon and sell all my Sony stuff? Tomorrow, we might know more about the D800 and next month the 5D MkIII and then we will be in a better position to know what to do.

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow