Dark Bashing Days Seem to be behind us.

Started Feb 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Samsolar
Senior MemberPosts: 2,014Gear list
Like?
Re: Dark Bashing Days Seem to be behind us.
In reply to WaltKnapp, Feb 6, 2012

I have been out shooting all on the North Shore of Lake Superior all day so I am just getting back to the forum. I understand what you said and I do understand your frustration with Sony and the new technology. It is not everyone's cup of tea but is what Sony is doing and going with. I hope your three A700 hold up for you, I had ordered the A77 but backed out after it was backed ordered. I will look at it again this summer, I have the Sony 70-400G on my sights now. I got a nice shot of a snowy owl, would have been better with that lense, though the Sony 70-300g did a great job. I have stomped through swamps and bogs in the summer and winter, I prefer the winter, that is one advantage I have over you living in Georgia.

WaltKnapp wrote:

Samsolar wrote:

Yes Walt you have been trashed by some on this forum just as those who like their Sony cameras have been trashed. This is not right and should not be personal torrated but I do not understand this desire on your part to play the victim. By the way the same person you stalked and trashed you has done the same to me. ;). Getting bit by a salamander doesn't really hurt, you just have to wipe of the slime.

Think about this, posts made on the internet are virtually forever. So when one gets trashed repeatedly a history of lies is being built up about you. And new people come in and believe those lies. There is hurt if you care about your reputation and I do care about mine.

After a while one decides it's all not worth it. There are other sources for information I might want or need, and it's too high a price to help anyone else as some seem to think I can do. I've put up with a lot to continue with this group which I've been in since the day it was first formed. And still use Sony/Minolta A mount as my primary photography system, so have every right to be here. But I have cut way back on what I contribute here.

Samsolar's gear list:Samsolar's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A65 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow