Started Feb 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
afrg
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
hi everyone,and T2i 550d advice.
Feb 5, 2012

first of all i would like to say hello to everyone here, while i have lurked periodically here and got a lot of helpful info, this is my first post.

i recently ordered a canon 550d (T2i) with the 18-55 kit lens and currently await it with much anticipation. it has been a little while since i had a dslr and very much consider myself a newbie. my last camera was the 400d, which i loved a great deal, and prior to that i had an old pentax spotmatic film slr. i still have a 70-300 quantary (tamron rebranded) and two fixed pentax lenses.

if anyone has any advice on what i can do with my new camera, how to best learn about photography or any peculiarities about the 550d. i would be very grateful to know about them.

also i am considering the posibility of getting some other bits and pieces to go with it:
a hoya Pro1 polarising filter (58 mm for the kit lens)
a Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II prime lens
a hoya pro1 polarising filter (52mm for the 50mm lens)
delkin snugit armor (or some other armor, which ever is best value)
pentax mount adapter ring.

obviously this is all a bit of overkill, considering that i don't even have the camera yet. and i certainly wont get all this stuff all at once. but if anyone can give me some advice about these products or any other suggestions of stuff (including tutorials, or photo ideas) i might want to look at as a new(ish) starter.

thanks for all and any replies.

Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow