Polarising filters anyone?

Started Feb 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruce Irschick
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
Re: Polarising filters anyone?
In reply to Mloscalzo91, Feb 5, 2012

Hi.

A search of B&H Photo for circular polarizing lens at the 40.5mm size and in stock gave:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Stock_In+stock&ci=115&N=4277997899+4294955308+35

Are you a New York city native or just in New York state? I live in the Vancouver area, so you probably don't want to know where I got mine. Besides, it was the last one they had in stock.

Cheers,
Bruce

Mloscalzo91 wrote:
I hate to be a a pest but by any chance, do you know where I would get these?

I appreciate the reply back though, thank you very much. At least now I have a clue of what I'm looking for.

Bruce Irschick wrote:

I bought the Kenko (Hoya) "Pro1 Digital" circular polarizing filter for the 40.5mm opening for the 10-30mm and 30-110mm lenses. I'm also a fan of B+W and Tiffen. All these brands have 40.5mm sized polarizing filters.

For general ND filters, I'd use a "step-up" ring. I'm now standardizing on 77mm size. For me, ND filters are too expensive to get them in multiple sizes.

Cheers,
Bruce

Mloscalzo91 wrote:

I also forgot to ask if any of you have also found any ND filters for the lenses as well?

Mloscalzo91 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question about filters. For a project that I’m going to be working on for class, I thought it would be nice to have some filters on me but I can’t seem to find the right ones that will fit the lenses of the V1 (I have all but the gigantic video super zoom lens). Have any of you found a polarising filter that fits any of the lenses?

-- hide signature --

I Don't Capture, I Create.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Bruce Irschick's gear list:Bruce Irschick's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow