This is a strange place. Where have the decent people gone?

Started Feb 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
topstuff
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108Gear list
Like?
This is a strange place. Where have the decent people gone?
Feb 5, 2012

The Pentax K-01 reached a new height, with people gushing out to anyone who would listen their forthright opinions. People opened new threads, merely to repeat what was already being said in another thread. The moaners, the whingers, the complainers, the keyboard heroes who hide away behind their ISP and simply dump all over the site.

Things are returning to normal now, and a more sensible sane discussions is starting to happen.

Well, guess what, it is now happening again with the forthcoming Olympus OM-D, with people queuing up to tell the world how ugly THEY think it is and how everyone else is a fool if they do not agree with them.

What is it about DPR that seems to attract such negativity?

Photography is supposed to be a creative art. It does'nt feel like that here at the moment. I have never seen so many opinionated gearheads with nothing to say, saying nothing so loudly.

Like many, I come to a forum because it hopefully contains practical experience of a camera being used creatively, so that you can share with others how the equipment helps you create something. Right now, we have to wade our way past numerous duplicate threads spouting nonsense. There are slim pickings if you are seeking help or inspiration.

Keep an open mind, I say. Embrace the new. Look at things with the glass always " half full", look toward the positive in all that you see and experience. And accept that just because something does not suit you, does not mean that it does not suit someone else.

Peace.

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow