Canon P&S for wife - recommendations?

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
drabina
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: Canon P&S for wife - recommendations?
In reply to linzybel, Feb 5, 2012

Thanks for the replies.

To answer some questions: It is not a surprise but I also know that she doesn't want to go to the stores and try few cameras (due to the lack of knowledge). She's relying on me to pick a camera that will take decent pictures. She's shooting now with Panasonic Lumix FX-33 and likes the camera a lot due to the IQ. Unfortunately, this camera does not take good videos so that's why we are looking for an upgrade. I guess the dream camera for my wife would have bright lens, 24-120mm, HD video and auto mode. No need for the PSAM, bracketing, etc. If they had a stripped down version of S100 with price tag less than $250 I would buy it without asking.

I will go to the store and see the Canon 300 as it was recommended the most here. I was also looking at the Nikon P300 but the deal breaker here is the manual flash. She's not going to remember to raise the flash most of the time because as far as I know it has to be activated manually.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow