Started Feb 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SeanVR
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
60D not a pro camera ...
Feb 5, 2012

I was just reading a thread from nearly a year ago on whether the 60D was a "pro" camera.

Intersting responses included everything from the 60D's weather sealing to its video capabilites to it being listed on Canon's "professional imaging products."

Then I remembered that years ago, I saw a William Albert Allard essay shot for National Geographic where he used the 20D and 10-22 EF-S lens (this is back when NGM's website would list what camera and lenses the photographer used). I believe Amy Toensig also shot an essay on Paris' public parks using a 20D and the same 10-22 EF-S lens and it too was published in the National Geographic.

Now, unless I'm mistaken, the 60D would more than outspec the now dated 20D (not that the 20D is a bad camera) and would be more than capable of serving a photographer-photojournalist in the field.

It would be interesting to see if the 60D has in fact been used in shooting material for a publication such as National Geographic. I don't know of any but I wouldn't see why the 60D wouldn't be more than able ("pro" enough) to handle the rigors of such an assignment.

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow