Video differences Full vs Crop Frame

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,719Gear list
Like?
Re: Video differences Full vs Crop Frame
In reply to HowardinOregon, Feb 4, 2012

HowardinOregon wrote:

Thanks for the useable advice; no addtional post processisng simply because B roll may be from a crop and A roll from a FF. The reason I mention the 5DMKII successor is because I want to use my 60D as a second body with currently owned EFS lens already attached, and have the luxury to switch to a FF with a variety of other lenses, especially my 70-200 2.8 ISII The video project is for a non profit that can wait until I have all the equipment even if that means in Aug-Sept '12. BTW suggestion on best fast focus 2.8 or faster IS zoom lens in the 24-105 range? and any experience with the 16-35 2.8L II?

Sensor size between crop and FF won't cause any matching problems. If you need to cut in with standard video camera HD footage you'll need to match gama and color. Get Technicolor's CineStyle for precise matching...

http://www.technicolor.com/en/hi/theatrical/visual-post-production/digital-printer-lights/cinestyle

I love the 16-35 2.8L II, I hardly ever take it off the 5DII. It's fantastic for steady-cam style video shooting which is why I bought it. But I was amazed how sharp it is for a zoom, very close to primes. I print very large and the lens holds up extremely well.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow