New DSLR or equal for pro wife with old Pentax glass?

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobMKE
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
New DSLR or equal for pro wife with old Pentax glass?
Feb 4, 2012

Warning, long and thoughtful plead for help ahead.

First, thanks for taking the time to look through this and lend your help. I know you don’t have to help at all but I’ve appreciated being a lurking forum goer for a long time and have noticed the consistent, quality advice you all have given to a lot of people. Now, it’s just my turn, I guess. On to my questions!

My wife, a professional graphic designer and art director, is looking for her first DSLR or equal quality camera. I mention her profession because she will be HIGHLY critical of IQ and may even use it on occasion to help fill in for the odd piece of missing content she sometimes needs during work. She is not a stranger to nice cameras, DSLRs included, but the last high quality camera she bought for herself was a mid-90s Pentax SLR(which she still loves). My wife and her father both have similar models and between them they have a handful of pretty nice Pentax K-Mount lenses. Obviously then, she wants to be able to continue using this older glass.
Along with the old lens compatibility her desires are as follows:

Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow