K-01, The first mirrorless with no benefits ?

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tibor1
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: K-01, The first mirrorless with no benefits ?
In reply to Jim King, Feb 4, 2012

I have been using Pentax cameras for more than 20 years the K-5 is my current one . They are without doubt excellent photographic tools with unique benefits and with great lenses.

The new K-01 would be easily my next camera:

+ + +

- No mirror slap/sound - great

- Probably better AF preciseness/consistency than K-7 and K-5 due to simplified AF pathway - great
- It takes all my K-mount lenses - no adapter needed - great
- Its big enough - easy handling + good balance with bigger lenses - great
- Probably a superb apsc-dslr class leading IQ – great
- Enhanced video – ok, no personal advantage for me

+ -

- No Articulated LCD – nice-to-have feature for me, not a big problem except near-to-ground shooting or getting interesting perspectives

B U T

- NO EVF/OVF – an absurd, absurd, absurd, absurd, absurd decision IMHO – possible visibility problems in bright light, much lower stability in no-tripod shooting, difficulties in shooting moving objects, difficulties in handling bigger/heavier lenses. I use LCD for instant picture taking with my iPhone , so I know how does it work and how do I „enjoy“ it……  I would reserve this “technique” exclusively for my future smartphones, they are tinny and lightweight enough to allow composition/handling/focusing via LCD.
The K-01 level camera DESERVES a decent viewfinder, period.

I like the design of the K-01 very much, by the way...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow