LX-5 vs LX-2

Started Jan 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 11,708Gear list
Re: Sicily from LX-2
In reply to arcobaleno, Feb 4, 2012

I reallly like your photography. I agree it might be good to wait and see what they announce this summer. Especially if you are not in a hurry.

I sold my LX3 last fall and hung onto my G11. But then the price of the 5 dropped to $250 in November or December and I grabbed one with an EVF1. I really like the EVF, the extra zoom and it's faster shooting - so if those things are important to you I'd watch for another price drop. I use Tracktor for tracking Amazon prices. I prefer the LX over the G, unless I need that swivel LCD for macros or street photos.

The one thing I did immediately notice between the 3 and 5 was that the 5 images were a bit softer; but nothing I couldn't deal with in Lightroom.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the next LX model with everything else they are doing in the m43 series.

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Canon PowerShot G11 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Apple iPhone 6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow