K-01, The first mirrorless with no benefits ?

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
d3xmeister
Senior MemberPosts: 1,363Gear list
Like?
K-01, The first mirrorless with no benefits ?
Feb 4, 2012

Now I may be wrong, but after a couple of days I still fail to see what the new K-01 offers and why would anyone would want to buy it.

It's not smaller, it's not cheaper and it does need big DSLR lenses, except for some exotic ones.

It's slower, it has P&S AF, it has a hump but no VF and no swivel screen and worse ergonomics than a DSLR.

So why would anyone would want to buy a camera that's worse that a DSLR but costs as much, while not being smaller either.

From the other topics I picked up some laughable reasons:

It has great image quality. So what ? DSLR don't ?

Better video. What ? I see no reason why a DSLR would have worse video than this. Just because the mirror has to flip when you enter live view ? Yeah, big problem.

It has focus peaking. Well, first, focus peaking is not that great with fast lenses and in many situations. Second you can implement FP in any DSLR, in live view, as well as the same focus & other aspects of live view performance.

So can anybody prove that I am talking rubbish here and explain a serious reason why this K-01 even worth looking at ? And I mean really something that a DSLR cannot do, or do worse.

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow