ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrewbdub
Regular MemberPosts: 451
Like?
Problems Using NIK Products AND LR3. Corrupt/Missing Files
Feb 4, 2012

Hi All

Wondering if anyone else is experienceing either of these major problems I'm having using this popular software combo:

1) Firstly, whenever I work an image in SEP2 or CEP3 (and probably Viveza2), return to LR3, THEN do some additional work on the image, I get the following message: "There was an unknown error while writing metadata to this photo. Retry?" I'm then prompted to "Import settings from disk" which causes me to lose the second set of changes. This has been happening for the past few weeks.

2) Around 10% of all images I work on with NIK software are corrupted and lost. Typically what happens is that I'll work on a bunch of images from a job and then when I go to export them from LR3 I'll get some sort of message saying it wasn't successful or that the image is missing. This is incredibly frustrating as it usually manifests itself when I'm burning a client's final images to a disc. It means that I have to go and rework those images while guessing what the changes I'd made were. This has been happening for months.

I'm not sure if this is a Lightroom issue or a NIK issue, but either way, it's costing me a lot of time and has substantially reduced my motivation to use NIK products.

I believe that I have the current versions of both LR3 and the various NIK products.

Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow