The worst mirrorless APS-C camera ever: Pentax K-01!!!

Started Feb 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
JimC1101
Regular MemberPosts: 414Gear list
Like?
I really dont think people are seeing the BIG picture.
In reply to Russ Houston, Feb 4, 2012

Think about it.....for those of us who have a DSLR already, yes, we may think of a mirrorless as a more portable walk around as a compliment to our "more serious" DSLR's BUT that is not what I think these cams are aiming for. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that this cam is targeting new users, not trying to pull in old users per say and think about it, alot of P&S shooters are more use to looking at the LCD then they are at any viewfinder, I know I did. If that is the target, most people stepping up will not even care about having a VF. Now look at what you are getting here compared to other mirrorless cams. Sure it is bigger than most on the market but you are in essence getting a K-5 at what will come out to be close to half the price when thie is on the market a couple months. In addition to this, compare the available lenses to any other mirrorless and there really is no comparison. For the most part, new mirrorless cams need new lenses and for all of them, it is slim pickins in the beginning and there is no way that a Sigma or Tammy are going to start producing third party lenses for any of the mirrorless cams until they see what the installed base turns out to be. With the 01, users dont need to worry about that since they already have access to a ton of Pentax and third party lenses to chose from .

Hmmm...a K-5 sensor with a new processing engine (Prime M), lenses that are available now, priced significantly lower than anything else with a sensor like this and going after the right market the right way....I think Pentax done good.
--
Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow