Nikon vs. Canon: How the tables have turned!

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SchnellerGT
Senior MemberPosts: 1,429Gear list
Like?
Nikon vs. Canon: How the tables have turned!
Feb 4, 2012

So where were we a couple of years ago?

The Canon guys had their FF sensors and the Nikon guys said that crop would do just fine.

Then Nikon went FF and put pro AF in a 5D-like body...

BUT Canon still won the Megapixel war AND profited handsomely from it. In fact, I would venture to guess that the 5DII outsold the D700 (and captured more mindshare) during its tenure. (I have no facts to support this theory.) Perhaps Canon was right? Megapixels sell cameras...but Canon fans were STILL sometimes jealous of Nikon's high ISO and AF performance.

AND now, if we are to believe all rumors, Nikon is about to unleash a 36MP behemoth. Canon is rumored to bring out something in the 18-22 MPX range. And if this is true...

The tables will indeed have turned.

But will the Canon get the pro AF? Which will have the best high ISO performance? The best FPS? Will Canon unleash a EF 24-70 2.8L IS, a 35 1.4L II, and a 135 1.8L IS, all at the same time, to sweeten the deal?

We'll know a lot in a month I suppose.

But of this I am quite certain: no matter what Canon makes, many of us will claim the grass is greener on the other side...and I bet many of us with clamor for a 36MP FF Camera...blame Canon...and perhaps switch to the dark side!

And mark my words...

The day the 5DIII is released, someone here will post:

"How long until the 5DIV?"

SchnellerGT's gear list:SchnellerGT's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow