ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jv0guano
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
[windows] preferred program/suite for editing and organising/viewing
Feb 3, 2012

dear all

I am constantly looking for the program to be used for organising/viewing photographs and editing them.

What is that find the highest appreciation amongst you all?

for viewing/organising, long ago I used to use cPicture, which was pretty good at the time; then I have been switching back and forth from Lightroom to Picasa, the first usually left apart due to its complexity, the second due to its stubborn simplicity (e.g., I create some new folders in the folder which is select to be scanned, there is no way they are picked up automatically, I just need to de-select and re-select them; or, if i leave the scan all the time function on, it will just clog up my CPU everytime I start it up, as it scan back from scratch the whole folder...)

For editing, using Photoshop or GIMP, though I have the feeling that they are somehow simply too much for my needs/abilities, sometimes I still struggle to understand the logic behind the blend modes for layers...sometimes if I apply it, nothing happens, sometime happens on the wrong layer, damn if I feel so dumb!

jv0guano's gear list:jv0guano's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow