ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,198
Like?
16MP - Its enough.
Feb 3, 2012

I've got a theory.

I believe that 16MP is going to be an optimum resolution for fourthirds. Or at least a point where there will be a law of diminishing returns, and any further developments would be better served in the areas of noise and DR.

I can see diffraction kicking in after f5.6 on the 16MP sensor. And many of the Oly lenses are sharpest at f5.6

In terms of absolute resolution for say a landscape shooter, assuming you get the exposure right, I suspect this new OM-D camera could have a very long working life in terms of it not getting too outdated by newer, possibly higher resolution models in the future.

This new camera looks good. I like it. It ticks nearly all the boxes that can be ticked given current technologies and circumstances. I have a horrible feeling (for my wallet (credit card!!)) that I'm going to have to get one.

I suppose this could have been posted on the MFT forum, but to be honest, for ME, the reason for getting this camera will be to allow use of my existing FT lenses for my specific needs. I think it will work. For me.

I'm just worried now that lots of people will feel the same, and Oly will pull a Fuji on us and hike the price up to something astronomical (seen the suggested RRP on the new X-pro1 - gulp!). But I suspect the price has already been decided on.

Anyone feel the same? or disagree ??

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow