Anyone else feeling duped by Fuji XpPro 1 hype???

Started Feb 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dellaaa
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
Anyone else feeling duped by Fuji XpPro 1 hype???
Feb 3, 2012

I feel a little duped by the way Fuji announced and is going about marketing the X Pro1.

For starters they have made the claim that the camera is compatible with full frame cameras. They haven't substantiated this claim. Everyone knows that sensor design is a compromise between low light capability and resolution. ( D3 vsr D3s ) Which class is Fuji making this claim for?

If what they say is true then Fuji should post images of the X Pro1 against the finest full frame cameras out there in both low light and high resolution tests. Let us judge. From where I sit this is genius marketing hype.

Secondly I think the pricing is ridiculous. Fuji knew before they started production what the costs of this camera would be to the Yen. They waited to see how the market would react before setting the price. I have not see a camera company do that before. They monitor these sites and felt that enough people would be willing to pay, so $1700 US it is. Ridiculous.

Finally the price is ridiculous. From what I hear, the manual focus is so so, and lets face it, its an APS camera with no in body image stabilization and no weather sealing. Granted the styling is great and the lenses look very temoting (although I would have liked to see a zoom and a 20mm also). Had it been full frame, 24 M then with the Sony EVF then $1800 is a great deal. For what it is it is not worth the money.

As it stands now the Sony NEX7 makes more sense.

What do you guys thing?

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Nikon D800
Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow