DSLR vs Point and shoot

Started Jan 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
baneling
Senior MemberPosts: 1,100Gear list
Like?
Re: I apologize...
In reply to Pasmia, Feb 3, 2012

this one?

https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovideo/camerascamcorders/digitalstill/DMCGF2K.asp

Pasmia wrote:

baneling wrote:

I knew what the slider is actually doing, i just thought you meant that as you move the slider, it shows you the background getting more and more blurred. it was this preview of the blurr that impressed me, not the slider itself. but i doubt the camera shows you the blurr before the picture is taken. anyways, i wouldn't buy a camera just cause of the slider. I noticed prices for the MFT camera. they are as expensive as DSLR cameras. so why get one? is it cause its smaller?

Gf2 and a couple other mfts run at about $300. And yes, their smaller. Portability is very important to me. I get enough of the benefits of a dslr for my needs and minimal bulk. If I went with a dslr, it'd just stay home. My gf2 is always in my coat or around my neck.

Oh and slider does adjust the blur live, granted you have a lens capable blurring the background (fast/low f number)

baneling's gear list:baneling's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow