Why the K-01 could be a class leader !!!

Started Feb 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tombell1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,844Gear list
Like?
Why the K-01 could be a class leader !!!
Feb 3, 2012

Let us not look at what it doesnt have but what it does have

1/ APSC sensor .... that you can use with all K mount lenses .... UNIQUE!!!!!!

2/ Lens Map ..... a/ Small primes already b/ endless K mounts that work without an adaptor BRILLIANT UNIQUE !!!!!!
3/ IBIS ..... only Olympus have this on smaller sensor
4/ Great video
5/ Unique design with a decent hand grip
6/ Apparently AA Battery can be used UNIQUE !!!!!

Now I will buy a K% but they can EASILY bolt on what I need .... either an articulating screen or better still an inbuilt EVF ....

What they have created is the first CSC that is worth buying into. Well done Pentax!!! At last they are being brave. This one is not for me ... but it will be fun, and non intimidating from those upgrading and it has all the potential of being the design of the future.

7/ WHO SAYS THEY SHOULKD BE SMALL

the advantage to me of mirrorless is NOT that they should be tiny. Neat and reasonably compact, no mirror slap. Good video. ( not for me). I suspect we will see that the CSC system is for most people using a DSLR right now. Only the K5 level and up will survive in that format and i think on reflection that Pentax are the first people to see this clearly.
--
Tom Bell
Dartmoor
Devon

http://flickr.com/photos/tombell1

tombell1's gear list:tombell1's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +13 more
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow