Started Feb 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,367Gear list
Like?
K-01 Isn't for most on this forum
Feb 2, 2012

not by a long shot from what I read. It's not designed for enthusiasts, or intended for them for that matter.

Pretty clear to me that the K-01 are designed for the function follows form crowd, the same crowd that likes "pretty" cameras, or stylish cameras. The K-01 just so happens to use a good sensor and the K-mount, so if any of those customers decided to get more serious about photography later, they could step up into the Pentax DSLRS with lenses they already have.

I think the comments on this forum are coming mainly from the direction that many here assumed that the Mirrorless camera from Pentax would court them- or enthusiasts/prosumers. You know what they say about assumptions!

I think its daring for Pentax to go after the style conscious crowd, and I certainly "get it". Some cameras are designed for chaps like me, and some aren't. I don't see the issue.

Let's wait till the end of the 2012 before going ballistic about Pentax's lineup. I'm pretty sure my gut tells me more goodies are in store- perhaps for enthusiasts- we'll have to see.

-C

http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude; nothing can help the man with wrong one."
-Thomas Jefferson

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
amenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow