Thank god Marc Newson doesn't design the Pens....

Started Feb 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,051Gear list
Like?
Thank god Marc Newson doesn't design the Pens....
Feb 2, 2012

Not strictly an m4/3's subject but looking at the new Pentax I thank my lucky stars that Oly didn't use the same designer. Talk about the "emperors new clothes", that camera is hideously ugly and a look around the body gets even funnier with multicoloured lights on top and the almost fluorescent yellow. It might be a great camera ( that remains to be seen ) but you couldn't pay me to use one. The funniest bit are the comments below DPR's introduction to it, and I quote:

this first one is my personal favourite:

"so, does it also squirt water when you push the shutter ?"

"When did Fisher-Price acquire Pentax and Ricoh?"

"That is possibly the ugliest camera I've even seen.
Do they really expect people to be seen outdoors with it?"

"I'm sorry but I think the design team fell asleep at the wheel here, it is horrendously ugly, the camera equivalent of a Fiat Multipla "

I have no idea what the designers at Pentax were thinking in terms of aesthetics or functionality but credit where credit's due, they've pretty much managed to design a mirrorless camera without including the main benefits of the format, now that's genius!
--
It's a known fact that where there's tea there's hope.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
LOL!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow