New EVF

Started Jan 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
chlamchowder
Senior MemberPosts: 2,080Gear list
Like?
Re: omg
In reply to BMWX5, Feb 2, 2012

So you need a vertical grip + extra battery (roughly $200 more, and adds additional bulk/weight) for the EVF-based a77 to come close to the battery life of a plain a580, Canon 60D, or Nikon D7000. I agree that a vertical grip should address the problem, but an OVF camera would be even farther ahead in terms of battery life when equipped with a vertical grip + extra battery.

it is really lame. if your problem is battery, get a vertical grip for more juice! how hard is it to change batteries?

Keep in mind that I'm not claiming that short battery life is a deal breaker for everyone. I'm just saying that it's an issue that should be considered. (Shorter battery life is never a good thing) For some of you, it's clearly not important. For some others (including me), reducing the chance that a camera will die during a shooting trip is important. Ultimately, whether this is a deal breaker or an unimportant issue is something that would be decided by individuals.

chlamchowder's gear list:chlamchowder's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Nikon D600 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
YepNew
So?New
omgNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow