Call me a Heretic... Fuji?

Started Jan 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Everett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,738
Like?
Re: If its the tool you require...
In reply to MI6gunny, Feb 1, 2012

Seems we have three cameras now that challenge the M's in various ways: The X Pro 1, the Nex 7 and the Nex 5n. To me the question is what can the M9 do that these others can't, or rather what can the M9 do that makes it worth 4-10 times more? The Nex's take Leica lenses, although the 7 apparently has problems with WA RF lenses. IQ is at least comparable. All have manual focusing methods that I submit are as good as the Leica rangefinder, especially when so many Leica's have to go back to Solms for readjustment. I have several Zeiss lenses, in addition to others, and am waiting for the Nex 7 to arrive. I have used a 5 and 5n, and after those experiences I have to ask, why do I need a Leica, beyond the feel and admiration for its quality construction? To me at least that is not worth the extra thousands.

The Nex 7 and the Fuji X Pro 1 are clearly nipping at the heals of the Leica's, and the next camera war will be between the Sony and the Fuji.

Ooops, forgot, there is also the GXR. The M's are being surrounded on all fronts.

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow