Really unable to pick up a decision between S100 or FZ150: opinions?

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
jojoman
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: Really unable to pick up a decision between S100 or FZ150: opinions?
In reply to jojoman, Feb 1, 2012

Since I posted, I found a new FZ150 at a price I couldn't properly ignore (about 60 euro less than the price I could find elsewhere in my city) and ordered it.

I know that it's not that much in low-light, compared to other compact cameras out there (not to talk about mirrorless systems), because of the small sensor, but: 1) I think that the difference in sensor size respect to other compact cameras is negligible, for my casual needs (I'm not an enthusiast... yet! ); 2) I can't dislike its handling, its video capabilities, the availability of its superzoom (something I probably won't use so often, but - hey - it's good to know it's there if you need it!), its tilting display, its viewfinder (not the best one, but at least there is one), its not so slow lens, etc.

I think that it's a nice all-around camera: not excellent at all in any particular field, but more than decent in all the fields one like me could need (unless going to an interchangeable lens system).

So, research over, it seems. Thanks all for your feedback Tiime for me to learn now more about composition of nice exposures and experimenting with the new toy, as soon as it'll arrive (some shortage, so I hope the order can be fulfilled by the reseller not too late).

jojoman's gear list:jojoman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix L6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow