Started Feb 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RedMangrove
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Raleigh, NC from D700 to 5N
Feb 1, 2012

I don't know that I've ever posted a photo on here. I shot professionally and when I switched careers my D700 and all my gear was just sitting there. I sold it all, including my Zeiss 100, which was very difficult. After about 6 months without a camera I bought a 5N and separately a 16mm, both used and took some clicks for the first time this weekend when I flew to Raleigh from Key West for a short Vacation.

I have to say it is incredibly convenient to have this camera and the photos are more than acceptable. I have not been able to try RAW yet because I have not updated my Lightroom. A matter of fact these are about the first JPEG's I've ever shot.

It hasn't bothered me too much not have a viewfinder, not as much as I thought. Overall it has been a pretty easy system to get used to.

Not all are in perfect focus or crazy sharp but for what I used it for I'm incredibly happy. And people look at me much different with a white 5N then they did with the D700 and 20mmD. Anyways, enjoy.

P.S. As you can see all I did was party and eat good food.

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow