Sony 30mm vs Oly 35mm macro lens questions

Started Jun 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
David Gwynne-Evans
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Sony alpha mount adapter to GH2 for Sony DT 30mm f/2.8 SAM Macro lens
In reply to David Gwynne-Evans, Jan 31, 2012

I'm back!

Having read through the posts that people have offered, and now having had experience with the Nikon 50mm macro lens plus adapter, I'm ready to re-ask the question. My 50mm macro with the 2x crop is far too narrow to give the flowers the context I desire, and the suggestions of 105mm are even narrower, bulkier and heavier. So is there a wider alternative???

The Olympus 35mm macro has a 4/3rds mount, and Rainbow Imaging on ebay actually has an adapter to micro 4/3rds! The main problem is that the 35mm lens appears to be a fly-by-wire lens, meaning that focus can only be achieved electronically? So this lens just won't work with the GH2, even with the adapter?!

However, the preferred 30mm Sony lens is cheap and super-light.
There is an alpha to micro 4/3rds adapter made of aluminium and brass: $40

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sony-alpha-AF-Minolta-AF-MAF-lens-adapter-Micro-4-3-M43-cameras-/160659046862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25680681ce#ht_4036wt_999

This ought to work, should it not? Why would this combination not work? I understand the autofocus will not work, but very few true macro lenses will autofocus with the GH2.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow