Started Jan 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Evan B
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Single all around lens for G3
Jan 31, 2012

I purchased a G3 several weeks ago and have been getting used to it since it is my first camera other than a point and shoot. I have been using the kit lense and have had so so pictures with it. Some blurry and some sharp and I can't figur out wy as some of the images are taken one after another. My father in law has a GF1 with the 20mm lens and I am able to borrow that lens when I need, but I am looking for a good all around zoom lens to keep on the camera pretty much all the time.

Should I get the 14-45mm or the 14-140mm? Besides zoom and cost, what would be the advantages and disadvantages? I would want to take indoor and outdoor shots of just about anything. I bought the camera because I wanted to be able to take high quality images on vacation, family functions and maybe try my hand at the artistic side of things.

Any input would be much appreciated.

On a side note, am I crazy to think the shutter sound is a bit long and makes it seem like it is at a really slow shutter speed? Also, when ever I press the ISO button on the back, it tries to change the focus area. What did I do?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow