Started Jan 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eugene CH
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
EOS Utility and Canon 7D
Jan 31, 2012

Hi, it seems that looking at the EOS Utility it would be possible to check if a lens has its profile included. I already installed the EOS Utility 2.10.2.0, and is impossible to me to found any technical information about lenses. Nothing about lenses or their correction. Who can give me some clarification? And, how it is possible to EOS Utility to load lookup table for Canon EF lenses???

PS: In the mean time I already read some comments in Forum as for instance from user “photogolfer”, written in November 10, 2009 which is exactly my issue too (but he already found how the EOS Utility has to be used):

“”Is there a way to register the correction data for non canon lenses? The manual on page 77 says you can register the correction data for unregistered lenses using the EOS Utility software. I've checked and the only data available are for Canon lenses. So I guess they mean unregistered canon lenses whose information is found in the EOS Utility software. Am I correct? The manual also goes on saying that "When using 3rd party lenses, setting the correction to [Disable] is recommended even if [correction data available] is displayed. Does this also mean that there is no way for a third party lens to have correction information registered in the database? Would've been nice to have the camera or software automatically fix vignetting on 3rd party lenses.””.

And, yes, I also have the DPP 3.11.1.0.

Thank you. Best Reagards, Eugene

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow