ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
turnstyle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,577
Like?
Are screen protectors dumb?
Jan 31, 2012

Hi all, fishing for opinions...

When I first got my NEX5 a year ago, I purchased the clip-on 'hard plastic' screen protector. It has remained on ever since.

But that meant I never benefited from the "trublack" display, and pretty much always had a glare-prone display.

Granted, the underlying trublack display is still in pristine condition, but does that matter if the 'cost' was having a display that was always reflective?

I assume the adhesive PCK-LM1AM is also glare-prone, and I'm trying to decide whether I should bother adding a screen protector. ie, is it better to go au-natural even if that means the trublack display might get scuffed up a bit? Or is it better to cover it with something, even though that seems to defeat the purpose of trublack?

Or is there some protector that's the "best of both worlds" -- easy to apply, easy to remove, protective, and low glare?

Wondering what y'all think...

Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow