How come Canon is always behind Nikon?

Started Jan 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
New Guy Wanna Learn
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: Yeah? Who did you say was falling behind? Where was Nikon?
In reply to photo nuts, Jan 31, 2012

photo nuts wrote:

gerry328 wrote:

Nikon struck back with sensors designed by them and fabricated by Sony that had better dynamic range and ISO performance than Canon's in-house sensors.

This happened only in the last few years. Before Sony started making CMOS sensors, Nikon/Sony/Pentax sensors were behind Canon, way, way, way behind.

And let me reiterate this (mostly for OP and those who believe his nonsense): which Nikon/Sony/Pentax APS-C or FF camera uses back-illuminated CMOS sensors?

Answer: zip, zilch, nada

Hi there photo nuts, you know what? You are RIGHT ON THE SPOT in saying there is IS NOT a single APS-C or FF camera that uses back-illuminated sensor yet. So, yep..what i did believe in and mention earlier is now indeed nothing more than just...nonsense.

After reading up more on sensors and the different make from major companies, it's true only small cameras have that technology, and that would make the patent right thing by Canon all too logical indeed.

Good job in pointing out my mistake. A lot of misunderstanding has been resolved thru you...thanks bunches! ^0^

New Guy Wanna Learn's gear list:New Guy Wanna Learn's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow