Started Jan 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gillbod
Senior MemberPosts: 1,598
Like?
mirrorless cam + slr lens: how it might work
Jan 31, 2012

i was pretty surprised when i heard that the k-01 was rumoured to have a k mount. it seems a bit counter intuitive, since then the whole point of being to design smaller lenses without a retrofocus is lost.

but, the fact that the new 40/2.8 is only rumoured to work on the k-01 hints at the possible solution:

if the bulk of the new k-01 lenses are behind the lens mount, then non-retrofocus designs could still be used for wide angle lenses with the k-01. this would also be the reason why the lenses wouldn't work with other bodies—because the lenses would hit the mirror of a dslr. but k-mount lenses would be held further away, so they would work with the k-01 since their lens-mount-to-focal-plane distance would be as they were designed to be used.

naturally i am not as knowledgable as some around here, so i'd be grateful if someone smarter than me would chip in to correct me.

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow