5dmii & liveview ... Help!

Started Jan 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
DWare
Contributing MemberPosts: 604
Like?
Re: 5dmii & liveview ... Help!
In reply to DWare, Jan 31, 2012

Thanks guys. I sent a SOS to Canon and was pleased with a quick response. I was advised to clear the camera’s shooting and menu settings. It worked! All is good now. Not sure what I did to cause the problem but if anyone else has this issue, it’s good to know a fix. And SD, your setting check/recommendation might have solved the problem but resetting all back to default definitely worked.

Stephen, adapters are generally pretty pricey but here are some low budget possibilities:

amscope.com has a microscope adapter for ~$100 that utilizes a 2x relay lens. The part number is CA-CAN-SLR

usascopes.com has an adapter for ~$50 that has no relay lens. It only uses the optic from the objective. The part number is CANON1X

edmundoptics.com has a tube adapter that goes over the ocular using the eyepiece as the relay lens. The part number is NT41-100 and cost is ~$55.

edmundoptics.com also has an interesting fine focus t-mount adapter that might help with optimizing camera distance with lens to subject. The part number is NT58-755 with a cost of ~$80.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow