India with 24G+85G

Started Jan 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Snodayz
Regular MemberPosts: 111Gear list
Like?
Re: India with 24G+85G
In reply to cabo, Jan 30, 2012

I really like a lot of what you've shown, but agree with others here that the relentless use of f1.4 can be pretty monotonous. As the owner of nikon's trilogy of f1.4's, I find myself only occasionally using them wide open. This isn't necessarily to do with sharpness, as this can be overrated too. No, it's do do with what I'm trying to create. There's got to be a definite reason why a really shallow depth of field will enhance my shot (perhaps a lousy background or isolation of the subject is needed), before I'll use it very much. More often than not I'll be striving for maximum DOF and can find the f1.4's a bit limiting in this respect. In my opinion, huge aperture is great to have in my bag of tricks, but a poor master when overused.

Snodayz's gear list:Snodayz's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow