Started Jan 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ekomorgan
Regular MemberPosts: 295
Like?
When you need something lighter...
Jan 30, 2012

I have a D700 that I usually use with a 50/1.4G or 24-120/4 when shooting semi-professionally. However, for me it can be heavy (I am a woman who naturally has smaller hands than most guys), especially when I want to do casual shooting of my boys (ages 5 and 3) at parks, beaches, vacations, etc. I picked up the Canon S95 this summer thinking that it would be a good walk around camera, but I have to say I am not satified with the picture quality. My boys are active and getting in-focus shots is difficult. I also do not like the harsh flash look and red skin tones it seems to produce.

I had a chance to use a friend's D3000 with kit lens, and while it is much lighter than the D700, it definitely doesn't fit in the pocket.

Just wondering what folks out there use for a lighter/smaller alternative to their "big boy" cameras...especially those of you who also are shooting primarily their children.

Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D3000 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow