Started Jan 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miguel Fonseca
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
D3 moving up to D4 or sideways (?) to the D800
Jan 30, 2012

I'm an extremely satisfied and proud D3 owner.

With my D3, used mostly for travel and family events purposes, I found new possibilities, particularly thanks to it's revolutionary low light capabilities, it's amazing metering and precision.

As a Nikonist, I thought the D3 was and still is great value for money, and a great body for my Nikon gear (including the 24 -70 added for the occasion).

Now I'm trying to figure out why I should upgrade to the wonderful D4... Is it that much better than the D3S, to make me upgrade now when I didn't before (to the D3S)? The thing is, I do not shoot video.

On the other hand, if anything, I believe the only thing on my D3 that restricts me using it is it's size and weight, and the D4 is not better in these regards.

I did consider the D700 but decided to wait for a replacement. Now I'm thinking that the D800 may do the trick, if it is equal or better than the D3 in terms of hi ISO, and ticks the size box, plus it has an integrated flash... The resolution has its pluses and minuses (huge files), but it seems to be a bonus.

Other people's views would help making my mind up.

Thanks!

Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow