Canon 35mm f/2 really that loud or slow?

Started Jan 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rolandct
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Canon 35mm f/2 really that loud or slow?
Jan 30, 2012

I'm now looking to buy the 35mm f/2 or 28mm f1.8 for my 60D. I'm on a tight budget or I would have probably purchased the 28mm so I am looking at the 35mm for my indoor kids and portrait shots. Trying not to use the flash when possible, especially for the baby. So I am looking for some input in the difference practically speaking for someone not looking to get studio shots, just satisfying ones.

I keep reading about the 35 mm being noisy and somewhat slow AF speed.

Personally I have no issues with the "loudness" of my kit 18-135. So unless it is noticeably louder I can't see that bothering me.

As for the speed that is the major thing I am concerned about as that's really the whole point of using this lens is getting shots of the kids as quick or quicker than my kit lens while producing better results (for what I'm looking for).

I do have a 430EX II speed light I could use for AF without the flash for what that's worth for making a suggestion.

Thanks.

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow