Started Jan 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vs6xfx
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Is SLT-A77 having design flaw ?????
Jan 30, 2012

I am a photographer working for the Insurance industry and my job require me to take a lot of photos under daylight condition. I took an average of 300 photos per day and 5 days a week.

During middle of November last year, I upgarded from SLT-A55 to SLT-A77 using the same lens SAL-18250 from my A55.

The combination of A55 with SAL-18250 work flawlessly with NO complaint about the quality of photos.

However, with the upgraded to A77, I begin to notice that every photo I took all came with a DARK SPOT in the area between 10-11 O'Clock position except when I shoot indoor.

I use the Auto-Clean to clean the sensor but the DARK SPOT still there and this never happen with the A55. Then I return this A77 for refund.

Sebsequently, I ordered another A77VQ from Sony and this came in on Jan 23 and I begin to use this new A77 with the SAL-18250 lens. To my surprise, the same DARK SPOT appears on every photo I took, this also happen with the SAL-1650 kit lens came with the A77VQ.

I wonder if any one have experience with the A77 and give me some advise.

By the way, I must say under indoor condition with or without using the flash, the A77 is a great camera.

Photos for evaluation are at below link:

Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow