Started Jan 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Przybylski
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
Loving my new K-5
Jan 30, 2012

The past few months have been a camera experiment for me. I think it would be easier to post the camera's I haven't tried instead of the one's I have tried because it would save time.... ha ha

Some of the highlights - I've tried the Sony NEX 5N. Loved the quality, hated the form factor and the selection of lenses.

Fuxi X10. Nice camera but I quickly became aware that I would want to upgrade lenses at some point. I also was very unhappy with the video quality.

Canon 60D, Loved the pictures. Loved the video. Camera was far too big and heavy to use for me.

Panasonic GH2. Loved the video, wasn't crazy about the pictures.

So this brought me to the K-5. I've only had it for a few days, but i've uttered the words "OH yeah, I found my camera" so many times I think everyone in my household is ready to scream.

I love the performance of this camera. It's very responsive, fits perfectly in my hands, and the battery life, viewfinder, buffer, frame rate, picture quality, lens selection, is just perfect (for me.)

One thing I'm NOT that crazy about is the video. I'm no videographer but I wish that Pentax could have at least given us 24fps or 30 in 1080p mode. Not to mention manual controls.

But I think I can live with 25 in 1080p and 30 in 720p. The ability to do exposure lock and microphone input is a saving grace in video mode.

I don't think I'll be sending this one back!

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow