Started Jan 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adam Filipowicz
Regular MemberPosts: 377Gear list
Like?
Am I really a photographer?
Jan 29, 2012

I joined a local camera club, they have an evaluation night.. so i submitted a few shots. but looking for shots got me thinking about how my photos really are not in a league of photographers.. and are more just family and friend shots.. I feel i am very competent with my equipment, technically i can get the shot I want if i try. but what I'm lacking is the drive to get a beautiful or meaningful photo, something with a story or something that really would make people think.. I have lots of great animal photos from the zoo and travel photos of my family. but does that really make me a photographer? I'm not so sure.. then i think about the sports photographers and how they are there capturing the moment and the emotion but not really telling a story either.. and i feel like i could be a sports photographer.. somehow this seems easier..(no disrespect meant to sports photographers)
--
View my gallery here http://www.filipowicz.ca
Canon 40D
Canon EF 180mm F3.5L USM Macro
Canon EF 50mm 1.4

Adam Filipowicz's gear list:Adam Filipowicz's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +1 more
Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow