How do you frame your 13x19 prints?

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,952Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you frame your 13x19 prints?
In reply to sjwolfhope, Jan 29, 2012

sjwolfhope wrote:

Michael's Craft Stores sell a nice 13"X19" frame in their Home frame collection. That is what I use - print borderless and no mat. Frame is flat black and looks nice - at least to me. They often have them on sale or use the 40% off coupon that is in every Michael's ad.

One warning about frames from Michael's is their frames generally have a very small rabbit, so you can't fit a nicely mounted and matted print inside.

Another thing if you print on 13x19 paper, borderless and frame the print you'll lose about 1/2 of the image all around . This is because putting it in the frame will hide some of the edge of whatever you put in, and the borderless print function enlarges the image to ensure no white left so that makes 3/16" or so being lost of the image.

Whenever I do print borderless, I prepare my image for printing with a 1/8" white border around the outside so that when the printer enlarges the image I lose very little of the image to the borderless print image enlarging process.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow