Shutter actuations number

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: could also use magic lantern software ...
In reply to Dan Hudson, Jan 29, 2012

Dan Hudson wrote:

To all that helped...Many thanks. I went a little deeper into the problem myself and solved it for the Canon T1i, but not for my G10 and SX40 HS.

I am going to look for that program.In the mean time, I had to remove the memory card from the camera as "in camera formating" only reduced the # of pics from over 2000 to 100. I placed card in my computer card reader and deleted all info in every file, then formated two times. Next I reinstalled card in camera and formatted without low level being checked and then with it checked. Now camera shows 100-0001 as it should. Strange as it seems, my G10 and SX40 IS do not respond to this series of formatting. Number of shots must be stored elsewhere. ???? Thanks for your help as I can now be satisfied my new camera is actually new.
--
Christian Amateur Photographer

While you now have your camera photo # reset to 0001.jpg, you still have not confirmed the actual shutter count. If you are satisfied that it was just a card problem, then it may not matter. However, as easy as it is to check, I'd run ML or ghpoto2 just to be sure!
--
Yogi

When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!

See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.

Check out the unofficial Rebel forum FAQ - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow